Dr Hamidreza Omidvar
Building locationDepartment of Meteorology
Areas of interestUrban climate, atmospheric boundary layer land-atmosphere interaction, urban hydrology.
COSMA-Climate service for reducing overheating in Sri Lanka: a multi-scale mapping approach
- PhD Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Omidvar, H., Bou-Zeid, E., Li, Q., Mellado, J.P. and Klein, P., (2020) Plume or Bubble? Transition of city-scale atmospheric circulation, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, in press
- Omidvar, H., Chiaramonte, M. and Bou-Zeid, E., (2019). Physical determinants and reduced models of the rapid cooling of urban surfaces during rainfall, Journal of Advances in Modelling Earth Systems, DOI:10.1029/2018MS001528
- Omidvar, H., Song, J., Yang, J., Arwatz, G., Wang, Z.H., Hultmark, M., Kaloush, K. and Bou‐Zeid, E., (2018). Rapid modification of urban land surface temperature during rainfall. Water Resources Research, DOI: 10.1029/2017WR022241
- Omidvar, H. and Bou-Zeid, E., (2018). Hacking a soil water content reflectometer to measure liquid level. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, DOI:10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2018.11.014.