Have your results? How to apply
If you already have your results, or will receive your results before 3 August 2021, find your place at Reading.
You can apply to Reading via Clearing between 5 July and 3 August 2021 once you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have completed your qualification and received your final results.
- You have received your final results and have a place at a university, but you've changed your mind about the university place you've accepted.
- You have received your final results but haven't yet received any offers for a place at a university.
- You have received your final results but haven't applied for university and are now considering applying for university to start in September 2021.
You have two ways to apply to the University of Reading via Clearing:
- phone our Undergraduate Admissions Team on +44 (0) 118 378 8372
- complete an online application form. If you need help, read our guide for applying online.
If you need a quick decision on your Clearing application, we recommend you phone our Undergraduate Admissions Team on +44 (0) 118 378 8372 between 9:00 - 17:00 GMT, Monday through Friday. If you're not able to phone us during our standard working hours, our online application form is the easiest way to apply. Please note that processing times for online applications may be between three to five days.
Both our telephone and online application form are assessed the same way, so it doesn't make any difference which method you use to contact us. Please choose one or the other (but not both).
Make sure you complete your application with all your results, including each A level and GCSE result (or equivalent). If you are applying from outside the UK and require an English Language qualification, please make sure you include that information on your application. You can view the accepted English Language qualifications, and they must be valid through to the start date of your course.
If you are completing our online application form, please also upload a copy of your passport.
If you have questions about applying via Clearing, why not read through answers to our most frequently asked questions. If your question isn't there, you can always ask us a question. If you're expecting your final results on 10 August, register your interest to receive updates about Clearing at Reading.
If you've received an offer to study with us, congratulations! Please follow our steps on how to accept your offer. You have until 3 August to accept your offer, as stated on your Clearing offer letter. If you don't accept your place before the date provided, you will need to contact us again on Tuesday 10 August and re-apply.
To accept your offer:
1. Sign onto your UCAS Track account. If you don't have a UCAS personal ID (for example, if you haven't applied to university this year), you will need to register with UCAS. Please note, it can take up to 24 hours for a profile to be created with UCAS.
2. Once you've logged into your UCAS account, your Track status will say 'You are in Clearing' or 'Clearing has started'. If you are already firm at another institution, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to decline your firm place before your status changes:
3. Go to 'Your Choices' in Track and click 'Add Clearing choice'. Enter the University of Reading Institution code R12 in the 'University or college' field, Then, in the 'Course' field, type in the UCAS course code to add the details for the course you've been offered a place:
Tip: If the course code doesn't appear in the drop-down list, don't worry. Select 'Other' and manually type in the course code:
4. Your status will now show under 'Waiting for decisions' with the status text 'The university of college is currently considering your application (Referred)'.
The 'Referred' status confirms that you want to take your place at Reading, and you've done everything you need to do for now – it will display as 'Referred' for a few days while we verify the results you included on your application (and we'll be in touch by email if we need further information). Once we've verified your results with UCAS, your status will update to 'Unconditional'.
5. Once your status is 'Unconditional', you will receive an email to apply for Accommodation – this can take up to a week, so please be patient.
Please note: If you wait until the final days of the offer deadline to accept your place, we may not be able to verify your results until 10 August. There will also be a delay in your accommodation booking email. The invitation to book your accommodation will be sent to you after we verify your results once Clearing re-opens on 10 August. If you have accepted your offer on UCAS Track by the offer deadline, your place on the course and place in halls is guaranteed as long as you apply for accommodation by 13 August. If you did not accept your offer by the deadline as stated on your offer letter, you will need to re-apply once Clearing has re-opened on 10 August.