Information for PGCert Early Years Interviews
Thank you for applying to become an Early Years Teacher.
Congratulations, you have taken the first step towards becoming a lead practitioner within the Early Years sector.We are pleased to invite you to a selection interview which will be held at our London Road Campus.
Structure of the interview day
- Check of documentation in order to ascertain that the entry requirements are met
- Brief overview of the interview and EYTS programmes
- A group activity with other candidates
- An individual interview
What to bring to the interview
ALL Applicants must bring the following:
- GCSE Maths, English & Science Certificates (or equivalent)
- Degree certificate
- Current passport (we are required to confirm that you have the right to reside in the UK).
- Evidence of your National Insurance number e.g. NI card or P60
- If you hold an overseas qualification you will need to provide a NARIC certificate of equivalence with your original certificates
Please bring the originals plus one photocopy of each of the above documents.
Applicants for Graduate Entry: Mainstream route ONLY - Please also bring:
6. The 3 documents required for DBS ID verification and complete and sign the Documentary evidence sheet and staple a photocopy of each document to the sheet.
Further guidance on which documents to provide can be found at: Disclosure & Barring Service .
Applicants for Graduate Entry: Employment Based route ONLY - Please also bring:
7. A sealed reference from your setting manager in the form of the template which can be downloaded here: Setting Manager reference template
8. Details of your relevant professional experience by completing the Applicant experience template
The group activity
There will be a group activity. This will be your opportunity to work collaboratively with other candidates on a given task. All materials to support you with this task will be provided.
On the day of your interview
On arrival at London Road please got to Reception in Building 16. For further information about travelling to the University of Reading and a map of the London Road campus, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/about/visit-us.aspx.
Driving to the campus? Limited parking is available on campus. If you are travelling by car, we recommend that you park in the White Gates car park, which can be accessed via the Crown Place entrance to the London Road campus. The sat nav postcode for the London Road campus is RG1 5AQ. On arrival, please collect a parking permit from the main reception in Building 16, which will need to be displayed prominently in your car windscreen for the duration of your visit.
We look forward to meeting you on the day.
Make sure you have all of the documents in the 'What to bring to the Interview" section;
If you are applying for the Graduate Entry - Mainstream route download and complete the Documentary evidence sheet.
If you are applying for the Graduate Entry - Employment based route - download the reference template and obtain a sealed reference from your setting manager