Investing in teaching excellence at Reading
The University of Reading holds a Silver award in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). We have made significant investment in strengthening the quality of our teaching and our student experience and in creating a positive learning environment that helps all our students to achieve their best.
We are dedicated to staying at the forefront of new initiatives and developments in teaching and learning and student support. We continue to invest in innovative teaching practices, incorporating new technology-enhanced learning methods and in robust assessment practices and feedback mechanisms.
What are the University of Reading’s strengths?
The TEF Panel judgement highlighted particularly:
- our consistent approach to facilitating student progression through employability initiatives highly valued by employers
- our high levels of retention and of personalised learning, which secure strong engagement and commitment from students
- our established institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching through processes of promotion and annual review criteria
- our high-quality physical and digital resources, with effective integration of student support services with academic provision
- our consistent engagement of students with developments from the forefront of research, scholarship and practice.
The University’s TEF Silver award is testament to the commitment and expertise of our highly professional and talented staff who teach, inspire and support our students throughout their learning experience here at Reading.