Thrive Career Mentoring
Here at the University of Reading, our award-winning Career Mentoring Scheme, THRIVE, gives you the opportunity to inspire a student in their future career choices by sharing your invaluable knowledge, experience and insight. We are proud to have been making effective matches since THRIVE’s launch in 2014 and hope that you will join our community of talented mentors.
By choosing to give your time and signing up to be a mentor, you can:
- Strengthen your listening and communication skills
- Reinforce your own knowledge and enthusiasm for your industry
- Positively influence the next generation of the international job market
- Give back to the University of Reading
To become a mentor we ask that you:
- Have a passion to share your advice and experience
- Are willing to spare an hour a month for up to twelve months
- Hold at least three years' work experience post-university
Our mentors and students usually meet once a month between September and August. We appreciate that our mentors are often very busy and so the THRIVE Career Mentoring Scheme is flexible to fit in with your lifestyle. Whilst we encourage face-to-face meetings, if you are based internationally or are unable to meet on occasion due to work commitments, it is possible to engage with your student via phone calls or Skype, wherever you are in the world.
Please note that we cannot guarantee all mentors will be matched immediately. Should you remain un-matched the THRIVE Mentoring Team will suggest alternative volunteering opportunities in the interim.
How to join
If you are interested in applying, have any questions, or would like further information, please contact the THRIVE Mentoring Team directly on email@example.com to discuss options of getting involved