Start date: September 2021
The MA Communication Design: Typeface Design Pathway combines the development of practical skills with the study of historical and theoretical issues, in a world-class research-intensive environment.
This course integrates shared elements of study and pathway-specific elements. This Typeface Design pathway allows for specialisation and a deeper engagement with Communication Design.
The Typeface Design pathway focuses on the development of multiscript typefaces for text-intensive applications. Students work on defining, planning, and designing a multiscript typeface family, exploring issues of character complements, the development of family styles across scripts, and the relationship of convention and modernity in typeface design.
Why study MA Communication Design: Typeface Design Pathway at Reading?
- The global reference programme in the field
- First university-based pathway in this subject
- Highly international student body, with a wide range of backgrounds
- Pathway combines practical and academic elements into a signature model for design education
- Design and research areas are global in perspective, with a wide variety of typographic scripts covered
For more information, please visit the Department of Typography & Graphic Communication website.