• Title
  • Reference
  • Production date
    1910-2008 (bulk 1924-1975)
  • Creator
  • Creator History
    The publishing firm of Mills & Boon was founded by Gerald Mills and Charles Boon in 1908. In 1971 the firm was purchased by Harlequin Enterprises Limited of Toronto. The official name of the firm is now Harlequin Mills & Boon, but the imprint Mills & Boon is still used
  • Scope and Content
    The archive consists of the editorial correspondence of both John Boon and Alan Boon, script registers, publicity material and some administrative records. A large collection of published works is also held by Special Collections.
  • Extent
    354 files
  • Level of description
  • Archival history
    The archive was held by Mills & Boon Ltd at its London headquarters, and remained there after the merger with Harlequin Enterprises in 1971, until its acquisition by the University. An archive consultant sorted and listed the collection prior to the 2008 centenary of the firm.