The Erasmus & Study Abroad Office (ESAO) has oversight of the University of Reading's student and staff mobility activities, with responsibility for the organisation, administration, promotion and management of the various outgoing and incoming staff programmes. This includes Erasmus+.
ESAO is part of the International Study and Language Institute (ISLI), a specialist unit that provide a range of language courses and academic training to international students and the wider University community.
As part of its wider academic provision ISLI currently also offers:
- Study Abroad with English - an English Language programme designed for students who will afterwards join the Study Abroad Programme at Reading
- Pre-Sessional English Programme - a series of English Language courses for students who need to improve their English in order to start a programme of study, either at the University of Reading or another UK university
- International Foundation Programme (IFP) - intensive access course providing academic training, language and study skills to subsequently start an UK undergraduate degree with knowledge and confidence.
- Institute Wide Language Programme (IWLP) - Language modules in eleven different languages which can be studied for credit or for career and personal development
- In-sessional Academic English Programme (AEP) - a course specifically for international and EU Reading degree students to develop their academic English skills in order to enhance and develop existing academic English skills
- Professional Development Courses - bespoke courses tailored to suit different groups, and can include English language development
Please see: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ISLI/ for further information.