Records of Peek Frean
The company was founded in 1857 by James Peek and George Hender Frean. It merged with Huntley and Palmers and other biscuit manufacturers in 1969 to become Associated Biscuit Manufacturers Ltd.
The extensive archives cover the period 1831-1957, and include price lists, photographs, letter books, lists of employees, illustrations for tins, stock books, balance sheets, designs for labels, correspondence with Huntley and Palmers, and even an obituary list of staff 1893-1928.
- A handlist of the collection (PDF) is available
- See also: 1857-1957: a hundred years of biscuit making / by Peek, Frean and Company Limited, reference MERL LIBRARY MILLBAKING--5396-PEE
- Manuscript number MS 1216