Complement your study of the core concepts of business and management with specialist modules in accounting with our BSc Business and Management (Accounting) degree.
This flexible course, taught by experts from Henley Business School, equips you with the fundamental skills of business – from theory and practice to their real-world applications – while also allowing you get a more in-depth understanding of accounting.
You’ll study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – as well as more specialist accounting subjects such as:
- international financial accounting
- data analytics
- management accounting.
In the wider context of business, you’ll explore:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- human resource management.
You’ll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Throughout your studies, you will:
- explore the interdisciplinary nature of business
- apply the skills and knowledge you learn to current business problems
- study the emerging challenges facing global markets.
Choose BSc Business and Management (Accounting) at Henley Business School
- Ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management & Marketing in the Guardian University Guide, 2020.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management (Accounting) degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our other specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc International Business and Management with a Modern Language
Alternatively, you could transfer onto the more general BSc Business and Management where you’ll be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
All of our degrees are available as four-year options, with either a Placement Year or Study Year Abroad in the third year.
A focus on employability with BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
We are passionate about developing your personal skills alongside your business acumen.
Our focus on self-development aims to prepare you for the external market – from internships and placements to full-time employment. The skills required to secure, and succeed, in future roles are embedded into the curriculum.
For example, you will undertake a short, guided project in your second year focusing on social responsibility in action. Working with local communities, you’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice, gain new experiences, and open yourself up to new ways of thinking.