As an internationally renowned institution and one of the UK’s leading research-based universities, the University of Reading offers you an excellent environment for your postgraduate studies.
Whether you're looking for a short course to enhance your professional development, a taught master’s degree, or the chance to study for a PhD, you will find an opportunity here that meets your needs and fires your imagination.
Our diverse community of postgraduate students benefit from excellent career prospects, a thriving graduate community and a dedicated Graduate School.
- Home to over 5,950 taught postgraduate students (29% of our student body), from 123 countries
- 94% of our taught postgraduates are in work or study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, DLHE 2015/16)
- Of our taught postgraduates in work, 96% are in professional or managerial positions within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015/16)
- 86% student satisfaction rate, which is above the sector average (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2017)
- 98% of the University's research is of international standing (according to the most recent Research Excellence Framework exercise, 2014)
- Only 30 minutes from London by train and 40 minutes from Heathrow airport
Fees and funding for postgraduate study
Funding your postgraduate study is simpler than you think, and there are plenty of options available. These include government loans and grants, as well as a range of scholarships and bursaries.
There is no specific deadline date for most postgraduate courses and applications will be considered until the course is full. However, to allow time for us to process your application we recommend that you apply by the following dates for admission in September.
UK applicants by 1 August
International applicants by 1 June
Interested in taught postgraduate study?
We host a range of postgraduate activities and opportunities throughout the year. View the Postgraduate events page for more information on our upcoming events.
A guide to asking the right questions about taught postgraduate study.
Study on a postgraduate research programme at Reading and join a talented research community, working alongside world-leading academics.