We realise that going to university is a considerable investment, and one which should enhance your career prospects.
That's why we offer everything you need to prepare yourself for professional life and give you the edge in your future career.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in many different subjects, meaning you're bound to find the right course for you.
Find the right course for you
Monday 30 September (Monday 23 September for new students) - Friday 13 December 2019
Monday 13 January - Friday 27 March 2020
Monday 20 April - Friday 12 June 2020
Closure days and public holidays
- Monday 26 August 2019 - Public holiday
- Monday 23 December 2019 - Closure day
- Tuesday 24 December 2019 - Closure day
- Wednesday 25 December 2019 - Public holiday
- Thursday 26 December 2019 - Public holiday
- Friday 27 December 2019 - Closure day
- Monday 30 December 2019 - Closure day
- Tuesday 31 December 2019 - Closure day
- Wednesday 1 January 2020 - Public holiday
- Thursday 9 April 2020 - Closure day
- Friday 10 April 2020 - Public holiday
- Monday 13 April 2020 - Public holiday
- Friday 8 May 2020 - Public holiday
- Monday 25 May 2020 - Public holiday
- Monday 31 August 2020 - Public holiday
I chose to come to the University of Reading because of the versatility of the course. I am able to study what I want with fantastic academics. It just seemed to offer everything that I wanted.
Fees and Funding Information
See full fees information for all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses,, and find out what funding is available to you.
League table rankings
|QS World University Rankings 2020
||205th worldwide and 29th in the UK
|The Complete University Guide 2020||40th in the UK|
|The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020||Joint 38th in the UK
|2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings||201-250 in the world and joint 29th in the UK|
I came all the way from New Zealand to experience life at a world-class university... it has been the best decision I ever made. The learning environment is fantastic. The lecturers are friendly and approachable and the facilities are state-of-the-art. I now have a global outlook on my field of study and feel ready for any challenges I might face.
Learn a language as part of your degree
Add variety to your degree course and broaden your horizons. As a student at Reading, you’ll have the chance to study one of 10 languages from beginner to advanced level through our Institution-wide Language Programme.
A compendium of policies relating to admissions to the University of Reading.