Wantage Hall opened in 1908 and comprises two areas. Old Court is built in a traditional college style with a lawned quadrangle and a clock tower gateway. Other rooms are available in New Court.
- 150 rooms with washbasins and 74 non-washbasin rooms.
- A flexible catered meal package allows you to purchase meals and snacks using a weekly cash allowance.
- Meals can be taken in the historic and impressive main dining hall at Wantage or at a number of our other University catering outlets.
- Shared kitchens are provided for making simple meals and drinks.
- Communal facilities include a basement bar, Junior Common Room, television room and laundry.
- Located just a short walk from the entrance to campus, shops and a bus stop serving Reading town centre and train station.
- 40 week residency period available.
Single gender areas available – see the specific requirements information for more details.
The Accommodation Guarantee applies to students who meet one the following criteria:
A new full-time undergraduate who holds Reading as a Firm UCAS choice and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August and satisfies any conditions of your academic offer by 31 August of your year of entry*
A new full-time postgraduate who has accepted an offer from the University and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August and satisfies any conditions of your academic offer by 31 August of your year of entry*.
Read more about the Accommodation Guarantee.
Room Types available at Wantage Hall
Weekly Rent 2020-21
|Catered standard room with shared bathroom
Catered standard washbasin room with shared bathroom
Catered upgraded washbasin room with shared bathroom
|Self-catered one-bed flat
Room with a shared bathroom Floorplan
Wantage hall's location
Wantage Hall's location in highlighted in red on the map above.
Download a comparative map of all Whiteknights Campus based halls.