Wantage Hall opened in 1908 and comprises two areas. Old Court is built in a traditional college style with a lawned quadrangle and a clock tower gateway. Other rooms are available in New Court.
- 150 rooms with washbasins and 74 non-washbasin rooms.
- A flexible catered meal package allows you to purchase meals and snacks using a weekly cash allowance.
- Meals can be taken in the historic and impressive main dining hall at Wantage or at a number of our other University catering outlets.
- Shared kitchens are provided for making simple meals and drinks.
- Communal facilities include a basement bar, Junior Common Room, television room and laundry.
- Located just a short walk from the entrance to campus, shops and a bus stop serving Reading town centre and train station.
- 40 week residency period available.
Single gender areas available – see the specific requirements information for more details.
The Accommodation Guarantee applies to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- a new full-time undergraduate who holds Reading as a firm UCAS choice and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August, and satisfies any conditions of their academic offer by 31 August of their year of entry
- a new full-time postgraduate who has accepted an offer from the University and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August, and satisfies any conditions of their academic offer by 31 August of their year of entry.
Read more about the Accommodation Guarantee (PDF, 255KB)
Room Types available at Wantage Hall
Weekly Rent 2020-21
|Catered standard room with shared bathroom
Catered standard washbasin room with shared bathroom
Catered upgraded washbasin room with shared bathroom
|Self-catered one-bed flat
Room with a shared bathroom Floorplan
Wantage hall's location
Wantage Hall's location in highlighted in red on the map above.
Download a comparative map of all Whiteknights Campus based halls.