Reading in the news - Tue 23 Feb
Release Date 23 February 2021
#WeAreTogether: Reading’s work to tackle the coronavirus crisis
- Further coverage of an open letter to the Government signed by Professor Helen Dodd (Psychology) is covered by Washington Post. Read our news story here.
- The Guardian quotes Prof Julia Waters (Languages and Cultures) about how Brexit has affected UK language students. The article also appears in Yahoo! News.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted in the Times (and in print), New York Times, and the Deccan Herald about vaccinations cutting hospital admissions; and in USA Today and more than 50 regional titles, Yahoo! News and MSN News on the US passing more than 500,000 deaths from Covid. Dr Clarke also spoke to Russia Today TV, TF1, and BBC Berkshire.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- BBC Wales spoke to Prof Hannah Cloke (GES and Met) about investment in flood protection in the country.
- Prof Paul Williams’ (Met) research on jet streams and air travel is covered by Wokingham Today. Read our news story here.
- Phys.org reports on research about how hedge plants are effective in filtering automotive pollutants. The study was conducted by Dr Tijana Blanusa (Agriculture).
- Community Relations Manager Sarah Gardner spoke to BBC Berkshire about a new scheme to increase engagement between the University and local residents. Read more about the scheme here.
- BBC Berkshire report on increased applications to the University of Reading for undergraduate students, that the University announced here.
- Further coverage of Prof Flora Samuel’s RIBA award winning research about a local estate in Reading, in Wokingham Today. Find out more about the award winning research here.
- Biz Community cover the hiring of Prof Daniel Petzer as new head of research at Henley Business School Africa.