Reading in the news - Wed 25 Mar
Release Date 25 March 2020
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) spoke to Sky News (and here) and TalkRADIO about the announcement of increasing measures to delay spread of Covid-19, and is quoted in the Independent and Yahoo! News about reports of a second wave of the virus affecting Hong Kong.
- The Conversation have published a piece written by Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) about testing for Covid-19 and what’s being developed. The article was republished by Yahoo! News.
- Comments by Prof Bill Collins (Met) about appear in the Independent, Mail Online, The New European, and many local UK papers.
- Prof Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted in an article for the Daily Mail that medics are more likely to catch Covid-19, and in The Times about reports that the virus was found on a cruise liner 17 days after it was evacuated.
New Thinking: Amy Butt (Architecture) joined the BBC New Thinking podcast run in conjunction with AHRC. Butt spoke about how science fiction extends beyond literature into other disciplines including the built environment.
- The Psychologist have published a piece by Tim Anstiss and Jonathan Passmore (Henley Business School) on the topic of compassion.
- An obituary for Jessica Houdret, an author and film maker on herbs and their uses, is published by the Daily Telegraph. Houdret studied English Literature at UoR as a mature student.