Reading in the News - Weds 8 Jan
Release Date 08 January 2020
Secret of happiness: Further coverage of Dr Julia Vogt’s (Psychology) study that shows chasing happiness can have the opposite effect on your mood, is featured in the Reading Chronicle and the Daily Star.
- The Washington Post reports on a study co-led by Reading (Economics) suggesting that not overthinking decisions leads to a better outcome.
- Rob Thompson (Met) spoke to BBC Berkshire about the concept of cloud seeding.
- Ed Hawkins (Met) and the #ShowYourStripes graphic featured as one of the questions on a German television quiz show. The climate stripes are also featured in an article by Carbon Brief on the media reaction to the Australian fires.
- Further coverage of Reading graduate Laura Tobin’s spat with Australian MP Craig Kelly features in the Daily Express.
- The Shropshire Star quotes Dr Gillian Rose (Agriculture) in an article about the use of new technology in farming.