Reading in the News - Tues 22 Oct
Release Date 22 October 2019
Fighting climate change: Professor Tom Oliver (Ecology) has an article published by The Conversation on mobilising the power of science in order to tackle climate change.
Harry and Meghan: Professor Kate Williams (History) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about a recent interview by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
EU Food: Dr David Rose (Agriculture) was featured in a BBC South piece about the impact of Brexit on everyday foods.
Tackling loneliness: A paper by the University on tackling loneliness is featured in a report by Heart Radio. Read our original story here.
- The government’s support of plans to bring the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) to the University is featured on BBC Berkshire.
- Professor Arlene Astell (School of Psychology & Clinical Language Sciences) appeared on BBC’s Bargain Hunt talking about the effect particular objects have on memories and emotional connections.
- The Express mentions the University in a story about Speaker of the House, John Bercow MP.
- The Wokingham Paper has an article on the filming of BBC Radio 4’s Any Questions? Show at the University last week.
- The Guardian mentions the University in an article about ‘side hustles’.
- The University is mentioned in an article by Coffee & Cocoa International about using cocoa pods to provide power for rural communities.