Reading in the news - Tue 8 Oct
Release Date 08 October 2019
Four-day week: An article by Professor Anupam Nanda (Henley Business School) for The Conversation on the environmental impact of a four-day week was reproduced by Yahoo. Read Henley’s news story about the four-day week here.
Academic freedom: The Telegraph interviews Professor Rosa Freedman (School of Law) about academic freedom and opposition to her research.
- BBC Radio Berkshire interviewed Professor Lucia Nagib (FTT) about filmmaker Fernando Meirelles visiting campus for a public event. Read our news story.
- A blog by Professor Adrian Bell (Henley Business School) predicting the potential impact of Brexit based on similar historical events is published by History and Policy.
- Edie reports that the University of Reading is one of 20 UK universities to sign a £50m deal to purchase renewable energy.
- Professor Glenn Gibson (Food and Nutritional Sciences) is quoted in Patient.info about the link between gut and brain health.
- Juancole republishes an article by Dr Joseph O’Mahoney (Politics and International Relations) on Iran’s breach of the 2015 agreement to limit its enrichment of uranium.
- Property Magazine in Germany reports on a forthcoming study involving Professor Gianluca Marcato (Henley Business School) on real estate valuation.