Support for Marvellous Mums - Reading in the news Wed 22 Aug
Release Date 22 August 2018
Marvellous Mums support: Dr Carol Fuller (IoE) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire (46 mins 40 secs) about their scheme that seeks to raise confidence and prospects among mothers in the Whitley area of Reading. This was after Employment Minister Alok Sharma publicly backed the scheme, and funding was pledged by the Job Centre.
- A Truth About Food repeat on BBC One featured Dr Gunter Kuhnle (Food and Nutritional Sciences) testing the nutritional value of so-called superfoods vs cheaper alternatives.
- The Herald reports details of a new housing scheme in Didcot, submitted jointly by Croudace Homes and the University.
- A column in The Herald by Ann Middleton, Commercial Manager of Didcot Railway Station, mentions the launch of a nature guide this weekend, which was produced by a University of Reading student carrying out an internship there.
- A piece in the New Herald on a number of African deputy governors leaving their positions in recent weeks mentions Professor Hafiz Abubakar resigning as Deputy Governor of Kano State in Nigeria, who was this summer awarded an honorary degree by the University of Reading.
- feNews reports on employability rates for graduates of the University of Law, which has a campus at the University of Reading.
- Temperature data from the University’s weather station was used in the BBC Radio Berkshire weather forecast on Tuesday