Marvellous mums; and bilingual kids: Reading in the News - 21 August
Release Date 21 August 2018
Zimbabwe: Dr Heike Schmidt (History) writes for the Conversation following the parliamentary and presidential elections in Zimbabwe.
Marvellous Mums: BBC Berkshire spoke to Reading West MP Alok Sharma about Marvellous Mums project and plans to work with job centres to help more families.
Also in the News:
- Cosmopolitan UK notes that RUSU has been voted in the top ten student unions, according to a Student Crowd poll.
- A student hoping to become an Army officer and study at Sandhurst in conjunction with UoR and Henley Business School achieved top A level grades despite his dyslexia, writes the Knutsford Guardian.
- The Pie News reports on a new online MOOC course launched by the British Council and co-designed by UoR to help international students prepare to study in the UK.
- Prof Moira Clark (Henley Business School) is quoted in an article for HR Magazine about the challenges of HR in the Higher Education context.
- An article for The Drum on the differences between types of marketing includes a quote by Prof Adrian Palmer (Henley Business School). Marketing Industry News have also run the article.