New partnership offers pathway to degrees for international students
Release Date 03 August 2016
A new foundation programme announced today by the University of Reading and the Cambridge Education Group will offer a pathway to art and design and film, theatre & television studies degrees for international students.
The ONCAMPUS Reading centre will offer an Undergraduate Foundation Programme and will welcome its first students in September 2017.
ONCAMPUS Reading will offer successful international students guaranteed progression to a range of art and design and film, theatre and television studies degrees at the University and provide high quality teaching, especially tailored to students’ needs.
The School of Arts and Communication Design, which includes programmes in art and film, theatre & television, is home to a vibrant 24-hour studio community with state-of-the-art facilities, well-equipped studio and theatre spaces, and digital, design and print studios.
Vincenzo Raimo, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) at the University of Reading, said: “I am very excited by the opportunities this new collaboration with the Cambridge Education Group will help to create. As well providing a new, specialist pathway for international students aiming to join the University of Reading, Cambridge Education Group’s prestigious international network of partners will also open up new opportunities for other kinds of international collaborations.
“We are an open, internationally focused University that welcomes people from all parts of the globe.”
Fergus Brownlee, President of Cambridge Education Group, said: “ONCAMPUS Reading is a great new partnership that builds on our reputation for delivering quality pathway programmes. There is growing interest internationally for students to study creative disciplines, such as media, art and design. We are very pleased to be able to partner with the University of Reading to offer international students a route to study in these areas with one of the UK’s leading institutions in the subject area.”
Programmes at the School of Arts and Communication Design at the University of Reading are currently:
- Ranked 5th in the UK for film production and photography (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- Ranked 5th in the UK for design and crafts (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- The UK’s #1 for research in typography and graphic communication and 90% of film, theatre and television research is rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally-excellent’ (Research Excellence Framework REF 2014)
- Home to the world's largest and most significant Samuel Beckett archive
- Boasting three Turner Prize nominated artists among its alumni
- Creating over 100 performances, films and television programmes within the Department of Film, Television & Theatre each year
- Having 95% student satisfaction in drama, cinematics and photography (National Student Survey 2015)
- Having 95% of drama and 90% of graphic communication, cinematics and photography graduates moving into work/further study after six months (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education DLHE 2015).
ONCAMPUS, part of Cambridge Education Group, operates successfully in the UK preparing thousands of international students each year for university courses in the UK. In mainland Europe a highly successful partnerships operate with the University of Amsterdam, a top 60 world ranked institution, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences and Lund University, Sweden, ranked 70th in the world. In the US ONCAMPUS has five partnerships located in Boston, Morrisville in the State of New York, California, Texas and Rhode Island.