We offer an exceptional selection of joint courses. Maximise your time at university and boost your career prospects by combining your modern language studies with another subject.
Our joint courses allow you to study two separate subjects in detail and gain a full qualification in each. Studying two subjects adds breadth to your knowledge base and equips you with skills from two different disciplines. You will also gain valuable time management skills in balancing your studies.
Complement your language studies with a subject chosen from our from a wide and diverse range of subjects , including Business Administration, Classical Studies, Economics, English Literature or Language, History, International Relations, International Development, Business or another language.
Joint courses are carefully designed so that you spend around 50% of your time on each subject. You will study the core modules from both degree programmes allowing you to examine the two subjects in depth. On a single degree programmes students select a range of optional modules to study in addition their core modules.
We regularly review our range of modules to ensure what you are learning is applicable, relevant and up to date with latest developments in both disciplines.
You will be equally at home in both departments, but your academic tutor will sit within the Department of Languages and Cultures.
Joint courses enable you to develop a broader range of transferable skills. Students who take joint courses degrees can demonstrate a range of competencies and abilities in a number of areas.
Henley Business School
All our business and management joint degree courses are delivered in collaboration with the University of Reading Henley Business School.
Explore our full range of undergraduate joint degree courses, enabling you to combine a language with another subject.
- BA International Management and Business Administration with a Modern Language
- BA International Management and Business Administration with a Modern Language with Placement Year
- BA International Management and Business Administration with a Modern Language with Study Year Abroad
- BA Modern Languages and Business
- BA Modern Languages and Economics
- BA Modern Languages and English Language
- BA Modern Languages and English Literature
- BA Modern Languages and History
- BA Modern Languages and International Relations
- BA French and International Development
- BA Italian and Classical Studies
- BA Spanish and International Development
Come to an Open Day
Interested in studying a language degree? Get a feel for the University, meet our staff and students, join a subject taster session and explore our beautiful award-winning campus.