Mr Raul Marchena Magadan
- Lecturer in Spanish Language
- Departmental Language Coordinator - Degree Programme
- Spanish Language Lead and Programme Co-ordinator
As Departmental Language Coordinator, I am responsible for the coordination, development and enhancement of language provision in degree programmes for the Department Languages and Cultures. I am also the Language Co-ordinator for the Spanish in the degree programmes and in the Institution-Wide Language Programme (IWLP).
TeachingI teach different modules across the Spanish Language Programme such as Advanced Spanish I, II and III as well as Spanish Language for Management and Business.
Areas of Interest
- Spanish language teaching and applied linguistics
- Sexual and gender issues in Cuba and the Hispanic Caribbean
- Discourse analysis
- Language teaching, material design and evaluation
- Discourse analysis in relation to sexuality and gender.
Research groups / Centres
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MA in Latin American and Caribbean Studies (University of Manchester)
- Advanced Diploma in Educational Technology and TESOL (Manchester)
- BA in Education (Havana)