You're sure to find unique gifts and souvenirs in MERL’s small but interesting shop, which offers a wide variety of books, handmade crafts and reasonably priced 'pocket money' items, all inspired by the MERL collections.
- The MERL Shop is open!
Don't forget that the MERL shop is open even though the gallery and garden are closed, so please call in if you're looking for a special card or gift. Follow us on Twitter @MERLReading for regular updates about new products and current offers and use the #merlshopisopen hashtag to follow the adventures of The MERL Shop Sheep It all started here...
- Beautiful mugs, bowls and other stoneware from Selborne Pottery, all hand-thrown and decorated by Robert Goldsmith in Hampshire. Prices start from just £12.
- Crocheted badges and key rings from Just Trade which are made in Peru and feature delightful animal, vegetable and flower designs.
- A selection of CDs by Hilary James and Simon Mayor, the local artists hosting our folk music series including their wonderful 'Musical Mystery Tour' albums for children, are now available in the shop.
- We carry a wide range of books including local history publications such as Suttons Seeds – A History 1806-2006, written and published by the Earley Local History Group.
- Honey and beeswax products from R&J Nickless Apiaries in Didcot as well as a small range of pottery from Aston Pottery and some lovely hand turned wooden bowls and plates, made by David Glover, one of our own volunteers!
- A range of handmade cards and a selection of reasonably priced Royal Academy cards from Canns Down Press.
- A selection of wooden toys, cut-out houses to make and chocolate animals to buy - to mention but a few things!
The MERL shop is online! Please have a look at our first selection of gifts we have on offer, we hope to add more in the future.
Click here to visit our online store MERL online store
The MERL guide book
Special offer! Now only £2.50 (was £3.50)
This richly illustrated guide provides a fascinating overview of MERL's varied collections, a brief history of the Museum and an introduction to the University of Reading Special Collections, housed in the same building. Beautifully produced and packed full of information and images, this guide is both an excellent starting point for the new visitor and a perfect souvenir for those who have already enjoyed spending time in the Museum.
MERL's exclusive range by Suzy T design
Tea towels and canvas bags are available featuring the exclusive Suzy T's design
Suzy T specialises in the creation of beautifully designed greetings cards and textiles for the home, such as tea towels and aprons. Suzy has designed scarves, t-shirts and other gift items for organisations such as the British Museum, English Heritage, The Ashmolean and Courtaulds.
Suzy T aims to use the best quality of materials, to produce everything in the UK and be as environmentally-friendly as possible.
Visit the shop to see our complete range...
University of Reading staff and students can now use Campus Cards to make payments in our gift shop!
A discount of 10% is offered to University of Reading students and MERL volunteers.