Undergraduate open days
Our 2014 open days are on Friday 20 and Saturday 21 June,
Saturday 27 September and Saturday 25 October.
Considering applying to the University of Reading? Then come and meet us on an open day and find out more. Explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation and enjoy talks and taster lectures.
Registering interest does not commit you to coming or book you onto a day, so register even if you're not sure yet: we can update you when the full schedule is up and when official booking opens.
What should I expect from the day?
An open day is the perfect chance to experience for yourself the friendly atmosphere of the University of Reading and to find out what it would be like to study here.
The day runs from 9:30 to 15:30. All of our undergraduate courses are covered – check out the full list of what we teach:
The days take place at our beautiful parkland Whiteknights campus and our historic London Road campus, both in Reading. All of our teaching/education courses are based at the London Road campus, and all the others (including Henley Business School courses) are on the Whiteknights campus.
The full schedule of the day will follow soon – watch this space or register interest above for notification.
At an open day you can:
- Talk about the subjects you're interested in with staff and students from all our courses
- Enjoy talks, taster lectures, demonstrations and guided tours
- Look around our halls and ask all your accommodation questions
- Find out about student life, including social, sporting and extra-curricular activities
- Ask all your questions about admissions, finance, careers, support, part-time work, study abroad opportunities and much more
- Meet current students and find out directly what studying at Reading is like
- See for yourself the University of Reading's 'best of both worlds' location: a beautiful green campus right on the doorstep of a buzzing town (with London only 30 minutes away)
I can't come to an open day but I want to visit. What can I do?
Open days are the best way to find out more, but if you can't make it, we'd still love to see you - come on one of our campus tours.
‘I chose to study at the University of Reading because of the beautiful campus, supportive atmosphere and high academic standards. When I came to an open day I met a student ambassador who not only inspired me to come to the University but also made me want to become an ambassador myself!’