Placing & cancelling a hold
Placing a hold
You can place a hold on (reserve) books that are on loan to other people using Enterprise.
- Search for the item on the catalogue.
- If all the copies are on loan click on the Place hold button on the right-hand-side of the display.
- If you haven't already logged in to Enterprise you will prompted to do so.
- University members enter your University username and password.
- External borrowers enter your Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder)
- Click on the Place Hold(s) button
- You can only have five holds at a time.
- Please cancel your hold if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it (see instructions below)
Collecting your hold
You will be notified by email when your hold is available for collection. You can also check your account in Enterprise to see if your hold is available.
Collect your item from the "Holds" shelves in the Course Collection on the Ground Floor of the URS Building:
- Students/Staff/Associate/External borrowers with Campus Cards - your hold will be filed using the number on the bottom right-hand corner of your Campus Card in the "Campus card holds" sequence
- Staff, Academic Visitors and External users with Library Cards - your hold will be filed by your Library Card number in the "Library card holds" sequence
Once you have found your hold, borrow it using the Self-Service Machines in the Course Collection - you must issue your hold before leaving the Collection.
We will keep the item for five days for you to collect.
Children under the age of 5 are unable to enter the Course Collection (please see our policy on Children in the Library). If you are accompanied by a child under the age of 5 and wish to collect a hold, please ask a member of staff to collect this for you during staffed service opening hours. If possible, please give prior warning of your visit.
Cancelling a hold
It is possible to cancel your holds through the My Account option on Enterprise. Login to your account using the direct link on the Library homepage. Or login via Enterprise by following the steps below.
- Click on the My account option at the top of the screen.
- University members should enter their University username and password.
- External borrowers enter their Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder).
- The Account Summary screen will appear. Click on the "Holds" tab.
- In your holds list, click in the check box next to the title you want to cancel.
- Click on "Cancel hold(s)"
If a hold you want to cancel is showing as "available", please do not cancel the hold in this way. Just contact the Library or ask staff at the Information Desk on the Ground Floor of the URS Building who will cancel the hold for you.
Back to Help using Enterprise