help yourself to a better degree!
We are a professional and friendly team, based with the Library on the Whiteknights campus (from 18 April 2017, in the URS building). We work with students in all disciplines and at all levels of academic study, from undergraduate to PhD.
We can help you to:
- develop more effective practices for studying at university
- have a clearer understanding of what tutors expect
- make studying less stressful
- achieve better marks
With our expert guidance, you can develop your skills for study success and help yourself to a better degree!
WHAT CAN YOU FIND IN THESE PAGES?
- Find out more about our bookable one-to-one advice sessions and quick query service
- Browse our list of expert Study guides and video tutorials
- See our termly programme of Study seminars and other events
- Learn about our departmentally-based ASK Advisors
WHO uses study advice?
Study Advice is for all students, aimed at helping you to gain the success you deserve. Typically students visit Study Advice if:
- They are already getting good marks, but want to move up to the next level
- They would like help understanding how to respond to feedback on their work
- They want to know how to make their studying or time management more effective
- They are finding a particular study practice challenging
- They want to be clearer about what is expected at university
- They want to discuss study strategies for a specific difficulty like dyslexia
Students who have used the service say:
"I just wanted to tell you that I got a First for my essay after meeting with you." (1st year student.)
"Your seminars are so helpful - my marks have gone up by 10%." (3rd year mature student.)
"Finished my assignment early! First time ever, thanks to you." (2nd year student.)
"I have found studying in the UK very different but your advice has helped a lot." (International Masters student.)
"There were many times I thought I would give up but you kept me going - thank you." (Successful PhD candidate.)
THE STUDY ADVICE TEAM
We are a small team of experts in learning development with many years of professional experience working directly with University students and staff.
- +44 (0) 118 378 4242
- Room 103, 1st Floor, Library (from 18 April 2017, Ground floor, URS building)
- Drop-in quick queries 12:00-16:00, Mon-Fri in term time
- Booked one-to-one sessions available 09:00-17:00
We remain open during vacation (except during University closure days) for booked appointments.
Please note that we will be moving to the URS building during the Easter 2017 vacation. If you are travelling to campus to see us without a booked appointment, please call first to check availability.