Need a quick summary or definition?
E-books & e-journals
We provide full-text online access to a large number of e-books and e-journals
- Search the Enterprise catalogue to find online journals and books
- E-books - details of major e-book packages, plus help and guidance
- E-journals - more info about finding and accessing e-journals
journal articles & book chapters
- Summon discovery service - search this to find full-text articles and book chapters on a topic
- Databases a-z list / Databases by subject - search databases to find references to articles and other types of publication. Link from your search results via our Item Finder to find out if the full-text is available online.
Read our advice on Accessing e-resources to find out what password you will need.
- E-resources problem report form - use this form to tell us about any problems accessing databases, e-journals or e-books.
Managing your references
- Managing references guide - an overview of electronic reference management options.
- EndNote - if you are starting your dissertation, think about managing your references electronically using EndNote.
Getting items not held at Reading
If we don't have the items you need at Reading (in print or online)...