- On-campus link to ScienceDirect - no password required
- Off-campus link to ScienceDirect - University username and password required
Institutional login required to access this resource via a search engine when off-campus (once connected click on the Sign-in option at the top of the screen, select 'Other institution login', search for 'Reading' and login)
Full-text articles in journals published by Elsevier from 1995 to the present.
Covers sciences, economic and social science, and some arts and humanities titles.
We also have access to older articles from 1896 onwards in the following subjects:
- agricultural and biological sciences
- economics, econometrics and finance
- environmental science
- social sciences
Help & guidance
- Guide to using ScienceDirect (PDF)
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for additional advice on using this resource.
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - for guidance on exporting citations see our Guide to using ScienceDirect (PDF)
- EndNote Web - Import - see steps below
- What is EndNote?
Follow these steps to save references into EndNote Web:
- After selecting the references you wish to download, click Export
- Choose the following option:
- Export file: RIS (for EndNote, Reference Manager, ProcIte)
- Click Export
- Save the file as a RIS document.
- Import the file into EndNote Web using the ScienceDirect Import option.