- On-campus link to Westlaw UK - no password required
- Off-campus link to Westlaw UK - University username and password required via an Institutional login
Full-text of UK, US EU and Commonwealth legal sources. Contents include:
- UK cases, including The Law Reports, Weekly Law Reports and English Reports
- Fully consolidated laws in force, including Acts from 1267 and Statutory Instruments from 1948.
- European Union cases from 1954
- European Union legislation
- Index to British legal journals from 1986 (with links to full-text where hosted on Westlaw UK)
- Full-text British and American legal journals (varying date coverage)
- Comprehensive collection of US law reviews from the 1980s and selected journals from common law jurisdictions, including Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- US Federal and State case law
- US Federal legislation
Help & guidance
- For basic, introductory guidance see the Westlaw UK student user guide (PDF).
- For more advanced guidance see the further resources on the Westlaw UK Learning & Support site.
- Complete the Westlaw UK certification training, an interactive walk-through of Westlaw UK, to demonstrate your skills by becoming a Certified user.
- Contact your subject liaison librarian for additional advice using this resource.
- Only UK/EU journal data can be exported to EndNote
- Desktop EndNote - Direct export - see the EndNote on Westlaw UK guide (PDF) for more information.
- EndNote Web - Import - create and save a file of citations in Westlaw UK, then import into EndNote Web using the 'EndNote Import' option.
- What is EndNote?
A mobile website version is available designed for use on smartphones and tablet devices.