University username and password required via an Institutional login
A two part registration is required to use Digimap:
- Connect to Digimap using the link above and complete a registration form
- Accept the licence agreements associated with each collection
Edina's Digimap registration pages give more information and guidance.
Digimap local information gives technical information about using Digimap
Please note: By accepting the licence you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed in the End User Licence Agreement (EULA). Digimap should not be used outside the UK.
Map data of Great Britain comprising five datasets:
- Digimap (contemporary Ordnance Survey maps)
- Historic Digimap
- Geology Digimap
- Environment Digimap
- Aerial Digimap
Data can be downloaded to use with appropriate application software such as GIS or CAD, or as maps generated by Digimap online.
- MasterMap offers the most detailed current map dataset
- Digital Terrain Model data are also available for download.
- Digimap Roam allows you to view maps of any location in Great Britain at a series of predefined scales.
- Digimap Roam allows maps to be printed at a variety of scales and sizes.
- Digimap Roam allows you to add your own annotations.
- Digimap Historic provides access to 1:10 560, 1:2500 and 1:1250 data from 1846-1996; two maps of the same area can be compared on screen at once.
- Geology Digimap provides access to solid and drift geological maps at scales of 1:625 000, 1:250 000 and 1:50 000.
- Environment Digimap includes land cover data for 1997, 2000 and 2007 from the Centre of Ecology and Hydrology.
- Aerial Digimap includes aerial imagery in a single seamless coverage, captured since 2000, at 25 cm resolution.
Digimap does not cover the Isle of Man. If you are interested in Isle of Man data, contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian.
Help & guidance
- Digimap help can be found in the Digimap Resource Centre, including links to Quick Reference Guides and help for GIS/CAD users
- More guides and PowerPoint demonstrations can be found on the Digimap training materials page
- Short videos about aspects of using Digimap can be found at EDINA Digimap Youtube channel
- Digimap Help pages can be accessed without logging in to Digimap. Go to Digimap Ordnance Survey Help, to Historic Digimap Help, to Environment Digimap Help, or to Geology Digimap Help
Contact Judith Fox, the Map Librarian for additional advice on using this resource
This resource is not suitable for use with EndNote. What is EndNote?