members of the public
Members of the public are welcome to use the Library for reference and private study. This includes access to all printed material on the open shelves, and some access to our electronic resources (by prior arrangement). On visiting the Library you have to sign our Visitors Book to agree to abide by the Library rules (PDF).
Restrictions on access
University Examinations period
During the summer University Examinations period, from the beginning of April until mid-June, access for members of the public is restricted to 9-5, Monday to Friday. Study spaces may not be used when visiting as these are required by our own students revising for their exams. Access outside these hours is not possible.
There are restrictions on access for children up to the age of 18. Please see our page on Children in the Library for details.
Please see these links for further information:
- Opening hours
- Finding us
- Catalogues - search the catalogues to find out if we have the items you need
- Guest access to e-resources
- Joining the Library - includes information about the SCONUL access schemes
- Contacts & support
- We are pleased to help with general enquiries, although long or complicated enquiries will be handled only if time permits
- Please make any enquiries during the following hours: 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Thursday, 10:00 - 17:00 on Fridays
- Limited staffing during the evenings and weekends means that staff on duty can offer only minimal assistance to visitors