Open Access workshops & surgeries
Open Access publications policies & what these mean for you
This short session will explain the key things that you should do to ensure that your publications comply with University, HEFCE and funder open access policies, including what to deposit in CentAUR and how to publish as open access. The focus is on journal articles.
At the end of the session you will be able to:
- comply with the University’s open access policy
- comply with HEFCE requirements so that your publications will be eligible for REF
- comply with funder requirements
- use tools to find funder and publisher policies
- apply to the University’s open access fund to cover open access costs (APCs) for articles resulting both from RCUK funded research and from non-RCUK funded research
- select and evaluate open access journals
- understand the difference between a repository and other archiving and sharing services
Questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the course or asked during the session.
Sessions will be held at lunchtime (13:00-14:00) on the following dates:
- Mon 24th Oct 2016
- Thu 2nd Feb 2017
- Tue 2nd May 2017
Please book your place via Employee self-service.
If you are unable to attend, please take a look at the slides from the presentation on Open Access policies for Reading researchers (PDF) and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
CentAUR & Open Access Surgery (1-1 Session)
These one-to-one sessions are open to all staff. We can help you with queries about the open access policies that you must comply with, the gold and green options available to you and the processes to follow. We can also answer a wide range of questions about CentAUR (our institutional repository), or provide an overview of CentAUR for new users.
Surgeries are taking place on the following dates:
- Thu 27th Oct 2016
- Tue 7th Feb 2017
- Fri 12th May 2017
You can select from the following times: 12:00 - 12:45; 13:00 - 13:45; and 14:00 - 14:45. Please book your place via Employee self-service.
If you are unable to attend a surgery session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.