Staff Profile:Dr Beatrice Krebs
- Dr Beatrice Krebs
- Job Title:
Part 1 Exams Officer
Teaching:Beatrice currently teaches the following courses:
- LLB: Criminal Law; Tort Law
- BSc Real Estate: Introduction to Property Law (Torts affecting Land)
- Areas of Interest:
Criminal Law; Comparative and International Criminal Law; Tort Law
- Research groups / Centres:
YNumber of items: 2.
- Krebs, B. (2015) Mens rea in joint enterprise: a role for endorsement? Cambridge Law Journal, 74 (3). pp. 480-504. ISSN 0008-1973 doi: 10.1017/S0008197315000677
- 'Justification and Excuse in Article 31(1) of the Rome Statute', Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol 2, Issue 3 (2013), pp. 382-410.
- Book Review: Alan Reed & Michael Bohlander, Participation in Crime - Domestic and Comparative Perspectives (2013, Ashgate)
- First State Exam in Law/Dipl-Jur (Münster)
- BA Jurisprudence (Oxon)
- LLM (Columbia Law School)
- DPhil (Oxon)
- Fellow of the HEA
Beatrice joined the School of Law as a Lecturer in September 2012. Before taking up her current position, she was a Departmental Lecturer in Law at Oxford University and a Stipendiary Lecturer in Law at St Hilda's College (2011-2012), where she taught criminal law, tort and contract. Previously she also taught tort and contract as a Graduate Lecturer at Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2009-2011).
Beatrice is a Visiting Lecturer at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg.
Her doctoral thesis, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, focuses on homicide and joint criminal enterprise liability in English and German law.
- British-German Jurists' Association, Member
- SLS, Member