Dr Beatrice Krebs
- +44 (0) 118 378 7691
Part 1 Exams Officer
Teaching:Beatrice currently teaches the following courses:
- LLB: Criminal Law; Tort Law
- BSc Real Estate: Introduction to Property Law (Torts affecting Land)
Areas of Interest
Criminal Law; Comparative and International Criminal Law; Tort Law
Research groups / Centres
- Krebs, B., ed. (2020) Accessorial Liability after Jogee. Hart Publishing, pp256. ISBN 9781509918904
- Krebs, B. (2020) Joint Enterprise Murder is Dead - Long Live Joint Enterprise Manslaughter? In: Krebs, B. (ed.) Accessorial Liability after Jogee. Hart Publishing, pp. 107-131. ISBN 9781509918904
- Krebs, B. (2019) For want of a shoe her freedom was lost: judicial law reform and dashed hopes in R v Mitchell: R v Mitchell (Laura)  EWCA Crim 2687. Journal of Criminal Law, 83 (1). pp. 20-23. ISSN 1740-5580 doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0022018319831847
- Krebs, B. (2018) Joint enterprise, murder and substantial injustice: the first successful appeal post-Jogee (case comment). Journal of Criminal Law, 82 (3). pp. 209-211. ISSN 1740-5580 doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0022018318779644
- Krebs, B. (2018) Oblique intent, foresight and authorisation. UCL Journal of Law and Jurisprudence, 7 (2). pp. 1-24. doi: https://doi.org/10.14324/111.2052-1871.103
- Krebs, B. (2017) Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal: divided by a common purpose (case comment). Journal of Criminal Law, 81 (4). pp. 271-274. ISSN 1740-5580 doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0022018317719800
- Krebs, B. (2017) Accessory liability: persisting in error (case comment). Cambridge Law Journal, 76 (1). pp. 7-11. ISSN 1469-2139 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0008197317000150
- Krebs, B. (2015) Mens rea in joint enterprise: a role for endorsement? Cambridge Law Journal, 74 (3). pp. 480-504. ISSN 0008-1973 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0008197315000677
- 'Justification and Excuse in Article 31(1) of the Rome Statute', Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol 2, Issue 3 (2013), pp. 382-410.
- Book Review: Alan Reed & Michael Bohlander, Participation in Crime - Domestic and Comparative Perspectives (2013, Ashgate)
- First State Exam in Law/Dipl-Jur (Münster)
- BA Jurisprudence (Oxon)
- LLM (Columbia Law School)
- DPhil (Oxon)
- Fellow of the HEA
Beatrice joined the School of Law as a Lecturer in September 2012. Before taking up her current position, she was a Departmental Lecturer in Law at Oxford University and a Stipendiary Lecturer in Law at St Hilda's College (2011-2012), where she taught criminal law, tort and contract. Previously she also taught tort and contract as a Graduate Lecturer at Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2009-2011).
Beatrice is a Visiting Lecturer at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg.
Her doctoral thesis, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, focuses on homicide and joint criminal enterprise liability in English and German law.