WELCOMING STUDENTS FROM Thammasat University
Thammasat University have partnered with the University of Reading to deliver a range of Double Master's programmes in Law. After completing a year in each institution, you will receive two Master's awards. You will also benefit from discounted fees and pre-agreed entry requirements.
Double Master's Programme
Spend the first year at Thammasat University studying on any of the Masters Programmes in Law.
In your second year, transfer to the University of Reading and choose from a wide range of Master's programmes in Law, depending on your chosen area of specialisation.
Upon successful completion of 2 years, you will be awarded a Master's degree from both institutions.
why study law at reading?
- Practice-focused approach - You will develop valuable links with employers, gain real-world experience, and embed your learning in professional practice. Alongside your core subjects, there will be career development and co-curricular opportunities and a series of guest lectures by practitioners. All of our programmes offer you networking, conference and mooting opportunities.
- Focus on research intensity - You will advance your research skills with the support of experienced academics. The Reading School of Law is ranked 10th in the UK for research intensity ( Times Higher Education Subject Ranking on Intensity, 2014, based on its analysis of REF 2014 – Law) and 100% of our overall research was judged to be world-leading, internationally-excellent or internationally-recognised (REF, 2014 - Law).
- Learn from experts - You will be taught by academics who work on cutting-edge research, contribute to leading publications, receive international awards and grants for their research, and have a direct effect on policy and practice.
- Fantastic career prospects - Graduates from our LLM programmes have gone on to work for a range of national and international law firms, as lawyers and as in-house legal counsels for large multinational companies in the UK and abroad, as well as international organisations and NGOs.
"I am happy to be a student at one of the prestigious law schools in the UK. There are many interesting modules, which have expanded my knowledge and encouraged me to think critically. I now work as an officer at the Constitutional Court in Thailand."
The University of Reading is pleased to offer Thammasat students a10% discount on their tuition fees when spending their second year at the University of Reading.
- Successful completion of 1 year of Thammasat Master's programme
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 with no element below 5.5
The international student experience
The School of Law thrives on the lively academic environment developed from cross cultural collaboration, and both our student and staff community is made up of people from all around the globe. If you are joining us from another country, we want to make your transition as easy as possible.
A recent survey by the independent education research company i-graduate asked international students at the University about their learning experience. The School of Law has achieved a 90% overall learning satisfaction score (International Student Barometer 2018). Individual learning elements rated favourably included expert lecturers, academic English, multicultural environment, research and course organisation.
At the School, we offer pre-arrival support, a specialised induction programme, dedicated library, careers sessions and law language teaching to all our international students.
Our team of advisers are available to offer support on issues such as money matters, visa queries, accommodation and even help with defining words which might be unfamiliar to you. You can also benefit from the Reading University International Mentoring Scheme, matching you with a current student mentor at the University.
The Department is located within our beautiful, award-winning Whiteknights campus, a vibrant community with a wide range of facilities to help you study, have fun and relax. We have a variety of places to eat, drink and socialize on campus.
Our award-winning Students' Union runs over150 clubs, societies and volunteering activities. In addition, you will have access to the extensive sports facilities on offer.
The University is within walking distance to the town centre and there are also regular buses from campus.
We offer a wide range of accommodation options on or around our main campus to choose from.
For more details on modules and how you will study, email Dr Ruvi Ziegler (Associate Professor and Director of Postgraduate Taught Programmes) at firstname.lastname@example.org