WELCOMING STUDENTS FROM MGIMO
Reading School of Law has been offering double master's programmes with Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) since 2014. Students are able to study one year at each institution - receiving two degrees.
Double Master's Programme
At MGIMO you will study international financial law at the prestigious International Law School, founded in 1949. The school trains specialists in international law for the diplomatic service and government bodies, as well as for legal departments of large corporations and small companies.
At the University of Reading you can study:
- Practice-focused approach - You will develop valuable links with employers, gain real-world experience, and embed your learning in professional practice. Alongside your core subjects, there will be career development and co-curricular opportunities and a series of guest lectures by practitioners. All of our programmes offer you networking, conference and mooting opportunities.
- Focus on research intensity - You will advance your research skills with the support of experienced academics. The Reading School of Law is ranked 10th in the UK for research intensity ( Times Higher Education Subject Ranking on Intensity, 2014, based on its analysis of REF 2014 – Law) and 100% of our overall research was judged to be world-leading, internationally-excellent or internationally-recognised (REF, 2014 - Law).
- Learn from experts - You will be taught by academics who work on cutting-edge research, contribute to leading publications, receive international awards and grants for their research, and have a direct effect on policy and practice.
- Fantastic career prospects - Graduates from our LLM programmes have gone on to work for a range of national and international law firms, as lawyers and as in-house legal counsels for large multinational companies in the UK and abroad, as well as international organisations and NGOs.
The interdisciplinary programmes are taught by the School of Law and the ICMA Centre
why study law at reading?
"I chose to study at the University of Reading as I got the opportunity to study with two leading universities simultaneously, without the necessity to enrol in each university separately. Although teaching and learning in the UK is quite different from Russia, the lecturers here are very supportive and you can always ask your dedicated academic tutor for advice. I would definitely recommend the School of Law to enhance your understanding of British and international law."
- To apply to MGIMO please apply via the online system or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are already a student at MGIMO and want to spend your second year at University of Reading, please apply online and select MGIMO as your partner institution.
- If you are a University of Reading student looking to study at MGIMO in your second year, please speak to your programme director who will recommend you to MGIMO directly.
The University of Reading is pleased to offer MGIMO students 10% discount on their tuition fees when spending their second year at the University of Reading.
How to apply
The international student experience
The School of Law thrives on the lively academic environment developed from cross cultural collaboration, and both our student and staff community is made up of people from all around the globe. If you are joining us from another country, we want to make your transition as easy as possible.
A recent survey by the independent education research company i-graduate asked international students at the University about their learning experience. The School of Law has achieved a 90% overall learning satisfaction score (International Student Barometer 2018). Individual learning elements rated favourably included expert lecturers, academic English, multicultural environment, research and course organisation.
At the School, we offer pre-arrival support, a specialised induction programme, dedicated library, careers sessions and law language teaching to all our international students.
Our team of advisers are available to offer support on issues such as money matters, visa queries, accommodation and even help with defining words which might be unfamiliar to you. You can also benefit from the Reading University International Mentoring Scheme, matching you with a current student mentor at the University.
The Department is located within our beautiful, award-winning Whiteknights campus, a vibrant community with a wide range of facilities to help you study, have fun and relax. We have a variety of places to eat, drink and socialize on campus.
Our award-winning Students' Union runs over150 clubs, societies and volunteering activities. In addition, you will have access to the extensive sports facilities on offer.
The University is within walking distance to the town centre and there are also regular buses from campus.
We offer a wide range of accommodation options on or around our main campus to choose from.
For more details on modules and how you will study, email Dr Jorge Guira at j.m.guira