News and events
From upcoming events and lectures to recent publications and important dates, follow us for all the latest goings-on in the School of Law.
- Amanda Millmore from the School of Law – awarded a University Teaching Fellowship
- Local firm recognises top-performing family law graduates
- Professor Therese Callus France 24 News interview on the Vincent Lambert case in France
- Part 2 student Jess Davies & Lecturer Amanda Millmore from School of Law co-present at the Advance HE conference
- Professor Rosa Freedman honoured with University of Reading Research and Engagement Award
Follow us on social media for the most up-to-date information.
The Commercial Law Research Network Nigeria Conference
Friday, 13 September, 13:00 to 18:00 pm & Saturday, 14 September 09:00 am to 18:00 pm, Chancellors Building, Whiteknights Campus
The Commercial Law Research Network – Nigeria (CLRN_N) has been created to address the challenge of ineffective commercial law reform and policy in the emerging world. It brings together researchers interested in the development of commercial law and policy in the emerging world, and uses Nigeria, the largest economy in sub-Saharan Africa, as a case study.
The three main objectives of the CLRN_N are:
- to promote high quality research on commercial law reform in emerging economies (with Nigeria as a case study),
- to influence commercial law and policy by enabling engagement between researchers and stakeholders,
- to promote the development of the next generation of researchers through research methodology training.
Participation is open to everyone interested in engaging with these issues.
Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Research Networking Scheme, the CLRN_N will host its inaugural conference on the 13th and 14th September 2019, at the University of Reading. It invites submissions on commercial law and policy reform in Nigeria, and/or how Nigerian commercial law and reform policy may engage with international principles in the following areas:
- Company Law, Insolvency Law and Secured Transactions Law
- International Trade Law and International Economic Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Oil and Gas/Energy Law
- Commercial Law broadly-speaking
Early Careers Methodology Workshop
Friday, 13 September, 09:00 am to 18:00 pm, Chancellors Building, Whiteknights Campus
CLRN_N will also host its inaugural free to attend Early Careers Methodology Workshop on the 13th of September 2019, at the University of Reading. We encourage participation from doctoral and early career researchers. For more details on attending or presenting at the conference and workshop, please email Dr. Bolanle Adebola: email@example.com.
The Hamlyn Lecture – ‘The Age of Common Law and the Age of Statute’
Thursday, 21 November, 18:00 pm, Palmer 109, Whiteknights Campus
The lecture will be delivered by Professor Sir John Baker (St Catherine's College Cambridge) on the subject of the history of English Law. It will be followed by a wine reception. Free admission. For further information, or to book, please contact Dr Charlotte Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).