Internal, open access

Blackboard Request Forms


You can log in to Blackboard at using your usual University of Reading username and password.

For help with logging on to Blackboard, locating your courses, submitting assignments, and other information, please check the Student Help site.

The Help site can also be accessed from the 'Support for Students' tab within Blackboard.

If you have already checked these pages and cannot find the answer you need, please log your issue with IT, using the General Blackboard Help Request form.



For help with using Blackboard, please login to Blackboard and go to the 'Support for Staff' tab.

If you cannot find the answer you need, please log your issue with IT, using the General Blackboard Help Request form.


Request forms for Staff use:

Annual Course Rollover

Details of Course Rollover for the coming academic year

The default position is that any RISIS module or programme

  • which was used in Blackboard in the current academic year (i.e. in 2018-19)
  • and is scheduled to run again in the new academic year (i.e. in 2019-20)

will be automatically copied forward as part of Course Rollover.


Course Rollover Opt-out form - please use this form if you would prefer to opt out of Course Rollover, and have a new blank course shell for 2019-20.

Please note: the Opt-out form can only be completed by staff who are identified in RISIS as Module Convenors for the 2019-20 academic year.


To request Rollover for other types of course, please use the Course Copy Request Form and select the appropriate option.


Blackboard Courses

Request enrolment on a course - if you wish to be enrolled on a Module or Programme which has not previously been used in Blackboard.

N.B. to be enrolled on a Blackboard course which is already in use, please contact

  • the Module Convenor
  • or staff in your Support Centre

Course Copy Request Form - if you wish to copy content from an existing course area to a different Blackboard course.


Merged and Supplementary Courses (formerly Shared Courses)

What are Merged and Supplementary courses?

Course Copy Request Form - if you wish to copy your existing shared course to a Merged or Supplementary Course for the next academic year.

Select Shared -> Merged or Shared -> Supplementary as required.

Request a new Merged Course - if you wish to use a new shared course area in Blackboard to replace a number of RISIS modules.

Request a Supplementary Course - if you wish to use a new shared course area in Blackboard in addition to a number of RISIS modules or programmes.

View Shared Course Codes - if you wish to check which RISIS codes relate to your shared course area.



Request an Organisation - if you wish to request a Blackboard Organisation, for supporting student learning not associated with a single RISIS module or programme

Request automatic enrolments onto an Organisation - for automatic enrolment of students based on their RISIS programme/module registration

Batch Enrolment

Request batch enrolment for a course/organisation - if you need to enrol a batch of users onto a Blackboard course/organisation that is not listed and maintained in RISIS

Things to do now

Login to Blackboard

Page navigation

See also

Support for using the VLE can be found on the 'Support for Staff' and 'Support for Students' tabs in Blackboard


Search Form

A-Z lists