My main duties and responsibilities are:
- To be responsible for the delivery of technical support activities on a suite of analytical instruments in particular the Sercon elemental analyzer and GC instruments.
- To effect routine maintenance of analytical laboratory equipment.
- To deliver training to researchers, technicians and students in the operation of analytical laboratory equipment.
- To ensure staff and students working within specialist areas have received safety inductions and safety critical training according to Standard operating Procedures.
Areas of Interest
Research groups / Centres
- 1. T. Takanohashi, F. Xiao, T. Yoshida, I. Asito
Difference in extraction yields between CS2/NMP and NMP for Upper Freeport coal
Energy & Fuels, 2003, 17, 255-256
- 2. T. Takanohashi, F. Xiao, I. Asito, Y. Sanokawa, M. Iino
Effect of lighter constituents on the solubility of heavy constituents of coals
Fuel, 2000, 79, 955-960
- M. Sci., Materials Chemistry
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- B. Eng., Chemical engineering
- Dalian University of Technology
I worked at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba, Japan and Loughborough University for many years as a research assistant and lab technician before joining Reading University in 2017.