Essays, reports and dissertations
Much of the work you will be asked to do at University is written. Written work is not only a way of communicating your understanding of a topic, but can also be a learning process in itself, prompting you to think about how to organise your knowledge and find new connections.
In this section you will find resources to help you develop your practices in different types of written assignment.
Understanding marking criteria
Video tutorial: Understanding marking criteria
- Overview of essay writing
- Answering the question & planning
- Targeted reading & use of evidence
- Structuring your essay
- Clear communication and proof reading
- Planning your dissertation
- Researching your dissertation
- Managing your data
- Writing up your dissertation