Internal, open access


What is it and how do I get it? 

An academic Transcript is a record detailing all of the courses taken, grades achieved, honours awarded and degrees conferred.

For current students - please go to your support centre to request a transcript or alternatively you can print a copy from the Self Service section of your RISIS portal.

For graduated students - please email us at or telephone 0118 378 5555 with your request. When requesting a transcript please provide your student ID number. If you do not have your student ID number we will require your full name, date of birth and also confirmation of the degree studied.

Diploma supplements

If you registered on a programme of studies at the University after autumn 2004 and have since received an award, you should have received a 'diploma supplement'. Your diploma supplement contains your transcript together with contextual information about your programme and the UK Higher Education system, in a standard format which is shared across the EU.

If you would like another copy or replacement of your Diploma Supplement, you can order this on our online store. If you require further information on Diploma Supplements, please visit the Examinations website.

Replacement degree certificates

Information on how to order a replacement degree certificate can be found on the graduation pages.

References and statements

All educational background checks are carried out through an external company, Hedd. To contact Hedd please email

If you require an employment reference, you should contact Human Resources at

Witan International College

Witan International College (formerly Gyosei International College) was a wholly owned subsidiary of The University of Reading. It closed on the 31 March 2008.

Should you have any enquiries about past students, transcripts or certifications, please email

Things to do now

Contact us

Page navigation


Search Form

A-Z lists