Expectations surrounding the use of Web 2.0 at the University of Reading
What we will do for you:
- Provide Web 2.0 tools and the IT infrastructure so you can access them;
- Promote the use of Web 2.0 among staff in order to better facilitate student learning and communication;
- Continue to use university email as our official channel for communication but we will also use Web 2.0 technologies where appropriate to better spread messages;
- Support your development of technical skills; and,
- Ensure our community is one in which the use of Web 2.0 technologies is safe, secure and appropriate.
We expect you to:
- Protect yourself ...
- Remember that not everyone is who they say they are. Before
you join a group/accept a friend request check to see that they
are who they say they are.
- Be aware of which personal details you make public online.
- Remember that your online presence may outlive your
- Use third party applications intelligently (e.g.
beware of viruses and phishing attempts).
- Be aware of the possible legal implications of your Web 2.0
- Respect others ...
- Don't post other people's private details online.
- Think before you post or tag: be considerate of the feelings
- Use Web 2.0 ...
- Keep in touch with friends, family, halls, tutors, clubs and
- Inform your research/coursework (but check the reliability
- Build a strong online identity.