Welcome to the University of Reading. We hope that you enjoy your time here. Below you will find links to information and groups that we thought would be of interest to you. You can find other information by browsing the Student pages, browsing the International Students' FAQs, browsing the immigration and visa advice FAQs, contacting the International Student Adviser, contacting RUSU or contacting the Student Helpdesk.
The following links will provide you with information and contacts who might help you feel more at home in Reading:
- Easter Vacation Events and Activities - an excellent calendar of events and activities you can do during the Easter vacation period
- International Welcome Programme 2013 - find out all you need to know about our welcome programme for international and EU students
- International student money matters - financial support and budgeting advice
- Cultural Awareness
- Culture shock
- University Jargonbuster - use this jargonbuster to help you decode unfamiliar words used at the University.
- Student Stories
- Student accommodation and RUSU Housing Advice
- Creating Confidence (PDF - 816KB) - a British Council Guide on keeping safe whilst in the UK
- International Students with Children (PDF - 123KB)
- Host UK
- Reading International Office
- International Focus
- Small World Cafe - a series of events to make friends across cultures.
Immigration Advice and Tier 4 Student Visas
The following links will provide you with information and contacts who can help you on immigration and visa related questions:
- Immigration Advice Service - use this service to talk to an immigration adviser in confidence about your visa
- Immigration and Visa Advice Frequently Asked Questions
- Useful tips on protecting your Tier 4 visa
- Duties and Responsibilities under the Tier 4 Points Based Visa System
- Police Registration information
- Information on UKBA Curtailment Letters (PDF - 95.6KB)
- General Information on Visas (includes information on Student Visitor Visas)
- UK Border Agency - Studying in the UK
- VISA News - check out the latest visa news and information from Student Services
- Specific immigration information for Postgraduate Research Students
Support and Advice
Studying in the UK
The UK academic culture can be quite different to many other countries. So below you will find some links to information, guidance and services that can help make your adjustment to the UK academic culture a smooth transition allowing you to maximise your potential.
It is important to get the most out of your experience whilst you are studying in the UK. One great way to help you do this is to get involved in extra-curricula activities, the benefits can be many from making new friends to increasing your confidence, transferable skills and improve your English language. Below are some links to ways you can get involved: