Immigration Advice Service
Visa Advice Walk-in Sessions
The University of Reading has a dedicated Immigration Advice Service offering visa advice walk-in sessions to discuss your query with an International Student Adviser. You do not need to book an appointment to attend a visa advice walk-in session. You only need to come to the Student Helpdesk on the ground floor of the Carrington building.
- Visa advice walk-in sessions are on every week during term time on:
|Monday||10.00 - 12.30|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 12.30|
|Wednesday||13.30 - 16.30|
|Thursday||13.30 - 16.30|
How we can help you
- Regular visa advice walk-in sessions during term time.
- Visa advice appointments available to book during weekdays after attending a visa advice walk-in session.
- Visa application workshops throughout the year.
- Help with meeting Tier 4 visa application requirements.
- Updates on immigration rule changes that could affect students.
- Information on working during and after your studies.
- Applying for a Schengen visa
- Applying for a Doctorate Extension Scheme visa
- Maintenance Requirements for a Tier 4 visa application
- Requirements for a Tier 4 Dependant visa application
- Requirements for a Tier 4 visa application (In UK)
- Requirements for a Tier 4 visa application (from outside UK)
- Requirements for a Short-Term Study visa application
- Guidance on completing Tier 4 visa application form from outside the UK
- Credibility interview advice for Tier 4 students
- List of Translators and Translation Requirements for Visa Applications
- Travelling Abroad and taking care of your Tier 4 visa
- Travelling after your course finishes on a Tier 4 visa
- Applying for a Visit Visa for your friends or family
- Working Rights and Limits during your Studies on a Tier 4 visa
Student Services Centre - Statement of Services
The Immigration Advice Service is a team within the Student Services Centre which has a Statement of Services. This Statement of Services sets out our commitments to providing a high quality service, explains what you can expect from us, how you can help us to improve our services, how to contact us and how to provide us with feedback.
How to contact us?
You can write to us at:
International Student Advisory Team
Student Services Centre,
You can contact us using the Student Services Centre Online Helpdesk Software or on:
General Enquiries: +44 (0)118 378 5555