Counselling and Wellbeing
The Counselling and Wellbeing team offer students a free service to support emotional and mental health, with a mission to facilitate them to fulfill their academic and wellbeing potential during their courses at the University of Reading.
We offer personal and educational development through:
- Short term, one-to-one, confidential Counselling and Mental Health advice by highly qualified and experienced mental health professionals. This includes help with emotional, social and academic issues, promoting openness, resilience and independence in all aspects of student life.
- Life Tools talks offering psycho-education and advice on frequently experienced student concerns, available weekly throughout the academic year.
- Various advisory leaflets covering the full range of regularly presented student issues, including beneficial strategies and techniques. These leaflets can be accessed online or in hard copy.
- A student focused blog, with time appropriate posts including advice and encouragement.
- A large ranging Bibliotherapy of therapeutic and psycho-educational books available in the Library, which can be accessed by students in their own time.
With the written permission of the student, Wellbeing staff are able to act as liaison between students and other staff at the University or relevant doctors, in support of individual student's health and/or their academic concerns.
Counselling and Wellbeing Service, First floor, Room 106, Carrington Building, Whiteknights Campus.
Telephone: 0118 378 4216
Registration for new clients: 10:00 until 12:00 and 13:00 until 15:00 Monday to Friday (with the exception of closure days).