Welcome to the Staff Forum - now representing staff on all grades
The Staff Forum was created in early 2014 to ensure opportunities for staff on grades 1-5 to hear about and discuss matters that affect their working experience. Due to the ongoing success of the Staff Forum and the feedback we have received from members across the University, UEB have agreed to expand the Staff Forum to be inclusive of all grades.
The Staff Forum:
- Meets formally with senior management on a termly basis
- Representatives are encouraged to bring ideas, questions and concerns to the meetings, updating on matters which are affecting staff in their working lives at the University.
- We can influence and challenge management on staff related matters.
- Take an active role in discussing issues and seeking practical solutions
- comment on University proposals and are the University's representatives for providing information and consultation on matters that may affect staff on Grades 1 -5 and now to provide information to staff G6 + as well.
Support on offer
Feedback in the 2017 Staff Survey highlighted a limited awareness about the support on offer. The staff forum can direct you to the resources available to staff. If you have a questions please send us an email.
Highlighting the EAP
EAP is the Employee Assistance Programme which is currently run by Confidential Care and provides a wide range of personal services to staff. This can be used by all staff and close family members. The service they provide covers debt, legal and personal problems and offers manager support as well as a counselling service. Check them out so you know what is offered. You can phone, email or contact them via the Live chat facility.
For advice and support please contact:
- Tel: 0118 378 5796