The Research Services team are the principal source of support to academics and Schools for the enhancement of research funding and the development of research excellence opportunities.
Our goal is to provide a professional support service to help academics with all aspects of research funding and development including:
- Helping to identify sources of research and funding
- Providing advice on the writing of proposals
- Costing, reviewing and signing off research grant applications
- Supporting Consultancy and CPD activities
- Providing business/enterprise planning to Schools
- Supporting and facilitating relationships between our research community and businesses.
Research Development (RD) Managers are assigned to particular Schools (and in some cases, particular Departments). The RD Managers have detailed knowledge of the research carried out in those Schools/Departments, and are the first points of contact for staff wishing to apply for funding. They are authorised to sign and submit grant applications from those Schools/Departments on behalf of the University. Details of the RD Managers and their areas of responsibility can be found under the contacts list (see Things to do now).
Link to: Consultancy