The Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) team provides top-class marketing, engagement, and communication strategy and delivery. We build the University of Reading's reputation and brand and deliver robust, global student recruitment campaigns that are underpinned by comprehensive research and market insight.
MCE Partnership agreement and service catalogue
These working documents have been developed to present both a high-level overview and a detailed breakdown of the full and broad portfolio of work for which MCE is responsible. This includes both strategic activities, performed by MCE on behalf of the institution at an overarching University level, and details of the vast range of services available to access by Schools, Departments and professional functions.
MCE is currently moving through a phased transition into a new operating structure and model. Access to our range of services will normally be via a nominated marketing business partner or marketing officer.
MCE is structured in teams based around sets of professional capabilities but we work collaboratively, in matrix project groups, that bring together the appropriate mix of expertise from across the function as each piece of work requires.
The Acting Director of MCE is Fiona Blair, and the MCE teams are:
The Corporate Communications Team, led by Charles Heymann, looks after our:
- press office
- research communications
- staff engagement
- community engagement
- social media
- +44 (0) 118 378 8408 (engagement and communications)
- +44 (0) 118 378 5757 (press office)
The Global Recruitment Team, led by Kerry France, includes:
- UK student recruitment and outreach
- international recruitment
- +44 (0) 118 378 8619 and +44 (0) 118 378 6554 (UK Recruitment and Outreach)
- +44 (0) 118 378 6982 (International Recruitment)
The Marketing and Campaigns Team, led by Karen Smalley, oversees our:
- brand and corporate identity
- campaigns and market insight
- marketing business partners
- +44 (0) 118 378 8829
Marketing Operations, led by Fiona Blair, is responsible for our:
- Creative & Print Studio
- Content Team
- University events
- Marketing administration and programme/project planning
- +44 (0) 118 378 6718 (events)
- +44 (0) 118 378 7164 (content)
- +44 (0) 118 378 8085 (studio)
The Marketing and Communications Team for the University of Reading Malaysia is led by Becky Thould and oversees recruitment, marketing and engagement for our campus in Malaysia.
Contact your business partner with any questions about marketing and communications for University of Reading Malaysia.
- +60 7 268 6200 (EduCity campus switchboard)