1. Before you will be able to authenticate yourself using the two factor authentication, you must first enrol a device with Duo's system. This is so Duo can send you confirmation requests when you try to access a protected service.
2. These actions need to be performed on a computer connected to the campus network or from a mobile device connected to the eduroam Wi-Fi network (you must be on campus to do this, connecting to eduroam from a federated institution will not allow you access to the registration site).
3. Open a web browser of your choice and go to https://enrol.secure.reading.ac.uk
4. You will be presented with a welcome screen similar to the following. Click Continue.
5. You will be redirected to the University's federated login page where you will be asked to enter your IT Username and Password. After entering your details, Click "Sign In".
6. You will be directed back to the enrolment site. Click "Start setup".
7a. Select the device you would like to use as your second point of authentication and click continue. Selecting "Mobile phone" will prompt you for your phone number, this will provide additional authentication confirmation methods should you not be able to receive a "push" (App based) notification.
7b. If you selected "Mobile Phone" you will be asked to select your country and enter your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone that you'll have with you when you're logging in. Then double check that you entered it correctly, check the box, and click Continue".
8. Select the operating system of the mobile device you are using. If you selected "Tablet" in step 6, you will only have the options for "IOS" and "Android".
9. On your mobile device, download the Duo Mobile app from the mobile app store. Follow the instructions on your mobile device screen to install Duo Mobile app on your device.
10. Once you have the app installed on your mobile device, click "I have Duo Mobile installed" on your computer screen to continue.
11. Activate Duo Mobile on your device. Activating the application will link it to your account so you can use it for authentication. Activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner. You will be given platform specific instructions on screen.
If you are unable to use the camera on your device, click the link "Having problems? We'll send you an activation link instead." and Duo will send you an email. You will then need to open this email on the device you are enrolling.
12. Once Duo have enrolled your mobile device you will get a green tick, Click Continue.
13. Now that your mobile device has been enrolled, you can test the two factor authentication. Click "Continue to login"
14. . Click "Send me a Push" and Duo will send a "Push" request to your mobile device.
15. You will receive a notification on your mobile device that there is a new request pending and asking you to approve it.
16. Once approved, you will see a confirmation page. You are now setup to be able to access multi factor authentication protected services. You can now close the window.